Okay- This is going to be a long post, but please read it. This is for all the followers I have; it’s something I wish someone would have told me a long time ago.
So when I was in my younger teen years, I use to be really embarrassed and self conscious about people knowing about my Disney obsession. In high school people love to make fun of you for anything, and I really did not like when people teased me about my love for Disney.
Well, When I was on my trip from Florida back home, I stopped by in Jacksonville Florida and went to the Disney store. I was REALLY excited for many reasons, for one. I had been in a car for the last ten hours and I was finally going to be able to stretch my legs. Second, I was going to a Disney store I had NEVER been to! and third. I’M GOING TO THE DISNEY STORE. Haha, So I’m pretty excited.
Now to paint you the picture of that morning, it was 10 AM when I walked into the mall. They had just opened, So I was one of the first people in the mall. I looked at the directory and headed to the Disney store. When I got there, A cast member was setting up a podium that had a Book of Magic on it, and ribbon going across the door frame. So I kindly and politely stood back, when the cast member had not acknowledged me I spoke up and said “Good Morning ! Is the Disney Store not open?” She then informed me that she needed a hand to “Wake up the magic” in the store. I nodded and figured, I am the only person around and I said I’d love to give her a hand!
This woman then looks at me with the nastiest expression, and tells me “I need a CHILD to help”. I was rather taken back, because I have NEVER had a Disney cast member be rude towards me, let alone deny someone who is very willing to help her. So I shrugged and said “Okay” and waited. Waited. and waited more. She looks at me after a few moments and says “why do people come to the mall so early to shop?” Obviously making the comment towards me, Which really irritated me at this point. I then tell her calmly I have been in a car for the past ten hours and wanted to stop in for a break and I like the Disney store. Which then leaves her and I in a silence. Ten minutes have passed by now and I asked her where the restrooms were, ended up walking across the mall and used the restroom figuring she would get her “helper” and I could enjoy a few minutes in the store before I had to get back to the car. Well I come back and STILL no one has showed, so I hang back a bit and play with my phone to keep busy.
Finally- a mother and her son walk by and the woman urges this small boy to help her, He is very timid and is not wanting any part of this - But this cast member just isn’t getting it. She urges him and urges him, and he starts getting upset. So she “awakens the magic” of the store and lets the mother, her son and I go into the store. By now it’s 10:30. The store should have opened 30 minutes ago. I am so irritated and mad, I end up going thru the store so fast and leave. I probably spent a grand total of 3 minutes in the store.
But I just HATED the attitude she gave me, It’s people like her that I don’t like knowing about my love for Disney, and HONESTLY if you work in the Disney store WHY are you rude to the people who are going to come into your store and buy your merchandise?
I know Disney trains their cast members better then that. :/ She really upset me and I wish I would have spoken to her manager about it.
So if you love Disney do NOT let people like this belittle your love for Disney. Be proud of who you are.
- amberapiru likes this
- hhelms likes this
- kelsdahippie reblogged this from thedisneyking
- littlemsraelee reblogged this from snapshotstar
- yousmell-like-craigslist reblogged this from disneyismyescape
- my-messy-curls reblogged this from justafanboy
- my-messy-curls likes this
- elphababess likes this
- lacidactyle reblogged this from frozeninalabaster
- broken-disney-dreamer likes this
- feelschicken likes this
- trex0rapunz3l likes this
- snapshotstar reblogged this from disneyismyescape
- allons-y-stana reblogged this from thedisneycollector
- serrabeth likes this
- preserving-innocence likes this
- wishes-of-the-heart likes this
- bobby--singer likes this
- kirrtaiteilija reblogged this from disneyismyescape
- formlessorder likes this
- freckleface730 likes this
- late-nite-eating reblogged this from tonystarkisinmytardis
- skylark-horizon likes this
- cheshiec reblogged this from chiakihamano95
- savvygrape reblogged this from thedisneycollector
- tonystarkisinmytardis reblogged this from dreamingconfessions
- elfkissme reblogged this from disneyismyescape
- michaelstizzamp reblogged this from disneyismyescape
- askthelaura likes this
- darlingstormy reblogged this from thedisneycollector
- atheistblowjob reblogged this from alexinwonderland14
- narwallbacon likes this
- narnianhobbitinthearena reblogged this from spirk-ity
- chaosreigning likes this
- chaosreigning reblogged this from disneyismyescape
- alexinwonderland14 reblogged this from seashellsandscalytails
- trust-the-dust reblogged this from simplydisneylove
- superwholock-initiative likes this
- seashellsandscalytails reblogged this from thedisneycollector
- herehavesomefeels likes this
- missmeedow likes this
- trust-the-dust likes this
- spirk-ity reblogged this from justafanboy
- spirk-ity likes this
- hisffagirl reblogged this from justafanboy
- witness-protection-with-wings likes this
- justafanboy reblogged this from chiakihamano95
- kanamizaki likes this